Opening up the cage!

This blog is in continuation of my last blog (The invisible cage). I was very much intrigued to continue this topic after hearing what one of my seniors had to say about it, as we could see that it wasn't a topic where we move towards a sole direction. It happens in life that sometimes we decide to ignore certain things unconsciously or consciously, the way I did.
In my last blog I mentioned a thing about Sita, that in our culture a mother prefer her daughter to be like Sita may be because she was less rebellious. But I would like to revisit that thought after a conversation with my senior, quoting his words precisely(as I couldn't find more suitable words), "When a mother tells her daughter to be like Sita, it is because they want their daughter to get the grace, aura, chastity and loyalty. They tell them to be so strong that you don't need a man to live your life and when someone raises a finger on you, be so strong and confident that you can prove them wrong and no evil can touch you..."
This surly changed my thinking as I understood that there is no one vision to a given situation. But there is still one question that does not leave my mind, if the people questioned Sita then why did they not question Ram? Is it always the society who will decide what is right and what is wrong? Despite of the love and loyalty they had for each other they were never able to stay together. why does individualism has no importance? why does one look up to someone else? to correct the mistake or to commit the same one?


Please comment whatever you feel..lets open up the cage some more...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Invisible Cage...